Friday, September 17, 2010

Paying Forward

A story to share for the week.

On Wednesday morning I was running a few minutes behind, pulled out of the drive way and started down the road thinking I just forgot my breakfast, snack and lunch. What better place to stop than Starbucks. I love their  multi-grain bagel. I am sitting in the drive through just looking around thinking about the day and what I need to get done. I get to the window to pay and the lady tells me my breakfast is free today. The lady in front of me paid for my food. I turned to look to see where the car went and if I recognized it and it was gone. Like it just vanish. I sat there in shock, realizing what a nice lady that was. She had no idea who I was she just wanted to do something nice for the day. We often forget that paying forward can be such a great feeling. Just doing something nice for someone else when they least expect it. What is the next nice thing you can do for someone else? I have thought about that moment often. Sometimes it is the small things in life that really make a big difference.


This was Zak's first full week of school. He made it all 5 days. Way to go Zak! He has not had a good week sleeping either so I really was kind of surprised that he made it. Every night he has been waking up screaming and fussing and ends up sleeping in his jumpy. Not quite sure what is wrong, but he really is not interested in laying down.

We could also tell Callie is probably getting a little cold. After all it is going around with this cold damp weather. Chris took her to Marshfield to get her Ankle Foot Orthotics (AFO's).  I will have to take a picture, they are so tiny and cute! AFO's help to stabilize her ankle so she cannot lock her legs when she stands. Hopefully it will make standing easier. So while Chris was there he thought maybe we should just have someone look at her, going into the weekend just to be sure. So I called while he was in with Callie making sure the braces fit. I have no idea who to even ask for, but at this point anyone will do. They took a chest x-ray to find pneumonia. UGH!!!! Again. This time she got an antibiotic and nebulizer treatments to help open things up. I pray we stay out of the hospital.

Next week is going to be crazy, just thinking about it makes me tired. On Monday evening we are going to meet with the group of interior designers for the house. I cannot wait!!! How exciting. Friday we get to see the pictures that Junion took. Again how exciting! They will be doing a community fund raiser for us!! Watch for details to come - you won't want to miss it. THANK YOU!! It will be a fun week. OK, and the not so fun part, we have to take Callie to Madison for her neurology follow up. She has been doing great - she has not had an episode since June (again saying another prayer). Chris will be out of town for work so the Nurse and I will go down. With her still on oxygen and now having pneumonia there is absolutely no way I can travel alone with her.

I took think I might be coming down with something. My sinuses are so swollen and inflamed the doctor put me on prednisone earlier this week. I can never sleep well when I take it even though I am so over tired. This afternoon I just feel like a cold is coming so I took so vitamins and hope to get a good night sleep. I cannot wait for "allergy Season" to be over, but I can wait for the snow.

Don't forget we love to hear from you - either by comments or e-mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment