Sunday, October 10, 2010

So much to say

So much to say, yet so little time. I really have no idea where time goes.

Last weekend Amy (nurse) and I took the kids to Trigs since they were having there pumpkin fest. We did not go last year, but always have loved to have Zak take his picture by the scarecrow to see how big he is getting. 


Steeling Mom's Sun Glasses.. Cool Dude!

Playing with the pumpkins..standing all by himself!

Callie checking out all the colors. Last year she was to sick to go out and enjoy October

Humm.. That might be bigger than me!

Two feet Tall!

Just because I am cute


Through all the fun Callie once again had the poops.. For a week. Last Sunday she seemed like she was getting a cold. She was still on her nebulizer (breathing) treatments. I just felt it might be a long few days. By Monday afternoon she had a fever, and I knew for sure she was sick. Monday night she had 8 loose stools and we knew that was not good. We went to the doctors on Tuesday and asked for stool studies and wanted to make sure her lungs sounded ok. They said to keep up with the nebulizer treatments and did give us a stool kit to take home. Wednesday the kit was brought back, Thank you to our nurse for collecting the mess over night. By Thursday we had a call and she was positive for c-diff
Basically a bacteria infection from to many antibiotics. She was put on meds right away and so far they seem to be working. She is slowing getting back to normal. Friday she started to have more issues breathing again, and she had a little wheezing. We just were not comfortable going into the weekend with her being sick so we took her to the pediatric walk in. The doctor thought it was viral, but was concerned why her breathing was not getting any better so she put Callie on an oral steroid. She has been getting a little better. We go in tomorrow to meet with our doctor for a follow up.

As for Zak, he has a major ear infection. We started to treat it with the typical drops that he gets and it just did not seem like it was working. The drainage smelt awful. By Friday he has some blood coming out his ear. We talked to ENT and he was put on an oral antibiotic as well. Hopefully he will start to improve soon.
He did have a good week at school. On Thursday his class went to the local grocery store since they were learning about the marketplace. He was having fun picking things off the shelf :) He also pushed his wheelchair by himself meaningful!! Way to go Zak!!!.. The report is he is a little more right dominant, but at this point any pushing is great. We are so proud of him. He got another gold star at school!

Thursday night Chris and I went to Nigburs to meet with Debbie. She was at the house the week prior to see our style. She showed us some things in the store to get a better idea of what we liked and who we are. She is amazing! She has such great ideas and really has taken an interest in the Build From the Heart project. I strongly suggest going to visit her and the staff at Nigburs! I am not saying that just because they are helping with the project, but I sincearly mean it.

By Friday we were all feeling exhausted. The night was a long night for me as my throat was throbbing. I figured we were all just going to share the fun cold that was going around. I was at the clinic for a followup for me so I asked the doctor to look at my throat... sure enough I had tonsillitis. Ahhh. No wonder my throat hurt. This really has gotten to be a routine thing for me lately.

This weekend was spent trying to get things done around the house. Christ got the gutters put on the back of the house on Saturday. I went grocery shopping when he got in and also picked up a movie from the Red Box. Whom ever thought up that idea - it was a great one. We watched the Experiment.

Today we watched the packers game and had some close friends over for dinner.. the Golbach's. It has been so long since we have been able to spend some time with them. It was so nice just to catch up, but really where does the time go?

Here is another picture from the week. Zak helping Callie make sure she get her nebulizer treatment. What a nice brother to help out.


Zak Crawling.. or should I say running since he saw me take out the camera


And the House!! What an exciting week. Among all the running around I could not wait each day to get home and see the progress.

This is on Thursday afternoon. The footings were in and walls were poured. 




Chris checking this out.


This week they are going to back fill and I am not sure what else. Check back for an update! 

Tomorrow night we are meeting with the whole interior design team. They are an amazing team. I cannot wait to see what this meeting brings. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Zak is crawling. This picture made me cry I was sooo proud! And Callie is to cute for words. But where is Sammi? She deserves a picture don't you think.

    ReplyDelete