Saturday, November 13, 2010

PALs

I went to a conference this weekend for Parents as Leaders (PALs) with children that have special needs. What an amazing group of people I was able to meet. All of the families have such touching stories and are all so compassionate.  Jenn, one of my close friends was able to come with as well so it was nice just to catch up on our lives. One thing we learned.. don't talk too much in the car when you have no idea where you are going, you forget to look at directions. Needless to say we were still on time. Chris stayed home with the kids and had some Daddy bonding time.

The purpose of PALs is to create a community project and be a leader. The project is your choice. I have been thinking of going to PALs for a few years now. The timing just never seemed to work with the kids and I could not make the commitment. This was the year I finally decided it was time. What a perfect fit too as we will be starting up the community room. We will meet 4 weekends over the course of 9 months. While we are at the meetings we lean different skills to help up with our projects. I can not wait to see what the next weekend together will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment