Sunday, March 25, 2012

Home Again!

Zak got home on Friday morning after a very long week in the hospital. He came home on oxygen and needing to be monitored very closely. He was still very week and had a low grade fever. Friday night was still a little rough, however as the weekend progressed he gained more energy and his personality was back! We have such a wonderful team of nurses that help us with the kids while we are at home which made the transition home easier.  

Callie was so excited to see him. I only wish I knew her language. She went on and on like a typical girl telling him everything he needed to know. I can only imagine what things she had to say – “ Where were you I wanted to play” and “Don’t ever do that again!”

 Today was a good day with both kids. We were able to take Zak our for a short walk and get some fresh air. He will have a good amount of energy and then just crash and need to rest. The fever has finally broke which is a great sign!

Thank you again for all the prayers while we were in the hospital. Please continue to pray for his health as we are not completely healthy yet and that no one else ever gets this illness, it was just terrible experience.

Now that we hope this is behind us I can honestly say I have never been so scared in my life. When the kids go in for surgery I expect it to be a rough ride and we know they may come out intubated and it will take some time to get back to "healthy". Seeing Zak with more energy during the day than he had for the past week and then having a good doctors appointment that Monday afternoon was refreshing. I thought he was finally feeling better. To suddenly see him turn for the worst and end up intubated for 2 1/2 days was terrible. We still do not know exactly what happened that evening when he turned, nor do I think we ever will.

Thank you again to all of the support around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment