Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Finally Home

Callie came home yesterday from Gillette. It was a very long weekend! Too long at that.

On Sunday she had her PICC line placed. They sedated her for it so it is considered a surgical procedure. The doctor said it went in good and they had no issues. The rest of Sunday was fairly uneventful for Callie. I must say though I was so impressed with the PICU doctor. We were moved to the main floor on Saturday so he no longer needed to follow up. He stopped by on Saturday and Sunday to check on Callie. He wanted to make sure she was doing well with the PICC and we were able to get it placed. He is by far one of the best doctors we have ever met! Yesterday we were able to get out in the afternoon after a whole long day of trying to discharge. She did come home on IV medication for 2 weeks. We have to go back for a follow up now in a few weeks

As for me, Sunday was very eventful! In the middle of the afternoon I went to run to the store to find out that my wallet was missing from my purse. I looked and looked and no luck. That is when I suspected someone stole it, however nothing else was missing so it did not make much sense. I looked online and realized there were several transactions that we did not do and that was when it sunk in that someone stole my wallet while we were down for the PICC line placement.

1 comment: